Our Safety Management System is integrated into all aspects of A&L Industrial’s operational processes
The “I CARE” Behavior-based Program
We recruit, train and retrain employees to have these fundamental beliefs:
I care about my family
I care about my job
I care about my co-workers
I care about myself
Safety incidents are caused by just two things: unsafe acts and unsafe conditions. Our safety management process tracks elements that lead to accidents.
Our Safety Procedures Manual
- Detailed procedures that provide consistent guidance to supervisors, safety reps and workers
- Reviewed and approved by ISNETWORLD RAVS and the Texas City Safety Council
Training is the cornerstone of safety performance
- Supervisors undergo annual and monthly Supervision Safety Training as well as specialized safety training sessions.
- Safety Reps attend a 3-day initial safety training to learn the A&L Industrial Safety Management System and our safety-first culture.
- Safety Reps also attend specialized training such as CPR/First Aid, OSHA 30, OSAH 510, Scaffolding Competent Person and HAZWOPER training.
- Corporate Safety provides constant mentoring of the on-site safety team.
- Employees as new hires complete a series of classes and training including the A&L Industrial Orientation Program, Safety Council Courses and on-site orientation prior to working on your site.
- A&L Industrial provides specialized training above and beyond basic requirements such as Scaffolding Competent Person, Confined Space Attendant, Fire Watch, Breathing Air Bottle Watch, Flagger, Man-lift and Forklift training to name a few.